Apr 11, 2013

Autumn Garden in Orange

Orange is looking stunning at the moment with the trees changing colour, bright blue skies and lush green gardens.

Our new Bay Tree for the courtyard

Autumn is my most favourite time of year with the warm sunny days accompanied by cooler nights,   glasses of red wine, hearty soups and wood fires.


My geranium cutting in a pot for instant colour

The lemon tree is fully laden - will be a bumper crop this year

I've been trying to get the garden a little bit more tidy in preparation for winter as the sunny days have also produced an abundance of weeds, everywhere - including through all the weed matting I lovingly put down!




I've been busy applying chicken manure all over the place, which Dog A L'Orange then eats and giving all the beds a good water.


Pretty yellow flowers

This weekend the mulching starts in earnest and I've got a whole heap of spring bulbs I want to try and plant in the front garden.


Another dash of instant colour in the front garden

The veggie patch is still producing lots of tomatoes, zucchini, rhubarb and spinach but we've also planted red onions and beetroot for the winter.


A rather fancy looking dog proof fence from Mr L'Orange

I also forgot to tell you we have 3 pumpkins growing with hopefully more on the way as there are plenty of flowers.


Spot the pumpkins and raspberries!


The pretty front boarder beside the driveway all from cuttings




1 comment: