Dec 12, 2014

The Sugar Mill - Orange


I can honestly tell you dear readers, that I have been waiting in a state of extreme anticipation for The Sugar Mill to open in Orange since September!


At long last, I am pleased to tell you that the doors are open and the selection of homemade cakes, pies and other calorie inducing delights are now available seven days a week – heaven!


I have even found myself taking Dog A L’Orange on a new walking route past The Sugar Mill, so I can stock up on goodies and then work off a few calories on the way home! 

I can highly recommend the lamb, tomato & rosemary pie and also the hazelnut & chocolate cups.


Stacey and Darren, owners of The Old Mill in Millthorpe have opened their new Orange shop in the Summer Centre close to Dan Murphy’s. This brand new space is completely different from those familiar with The Old Mill building which has lots of vintage charm.



You can find all your favourites in The Sugar Mill including, the crowd pleasing lemon meringue tarts, pies, cakes, eclairs although not quite the range and selection as in Millthorpe – I’m sure this will build over the coming weeks.


As a huge fan of pretty much everything sold by The Old Mill, I’m thrilled that I no longer have to drive 20 minutes whenever I want a divine pastry treat. Fingers crossed, the gingerbread stars will be in store soon.



There is seating available should you wish to dine in, everything is bright, modern & tastefully decorated, with the only downsides being the view of the car park & no air conditioning. Also be warned there are lots of mums and babies there during the day so it can get quite noisy.

Located at 82 - 102 Summer St & open Monday to Friday from 7am- 6pm, Weekends from 9am -  4pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment