Apr 27, 2011

Little Miss Pumpkin

Our monster of a pumpkin has been harvested – what a beauty! I did a spot of research today and the same size pumpkin would be at least $8 in the grocers, what a saving. At least that is $8 more dollars I can now spend on chocolate with no sense of guilt.


For those non-pumpkin people (my entire family), this varietal is a Jap Pumpkin which is pale green on the outside and bright orange in the middle.


For this size of pumpkin I’m going to have to come up with an expansive repertoire of dishes to use everything up. If you have any suggestions, please let me know? So far I’m thinking:

Pumpkin soup
Pumpkin & ricotta lasagne
Red Thai Pumpkin Curry
Pumpkin Muffins


It really feels like winter is just around the corner, the leaves have changed colour and are dropping to the ground. You need a jacket if going out in the morning or evening and the smell of log fires is in the air. It is also the season for nuts and Elena brought home some delicious chesnuts this week which we roasted up.


No comments:

Post a Comment