May 16, 2011

Winter Has Arrived

We enjoyed our first night of 2011 with temperatures of minus 1 in Orange last night - winter is definitely here. The trees have dropped most of their leaves and the council are on a drive to mulch the leaves on every street - it is going to take them ages.

The trees in our garden have been pruned back, especially the fig so we can keep it a bit more under control next time it fruits. I am busy trying to get as many of the pot plants as I can into the house to give them a bit more protection through the winter, having learnt my mistakes from last year where I killed my favourite plants with the frost.

Dress wise, we have now got our thick socks on and multiple layers, big jumpers, scarfs, waterproof jackets and we are almost needing gloves too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment